Email a link to this page
We do not store or share these email addresses.
Thank you! Your Message was sent.
If you choose to return your leased or Leadership Purchase Plan™ vehicle, you will need to arrange an end-of-lease vehicle inspection through our preferred vendor SGS. The inspection is free and takes about an hour to complete. An inspector will travel to a location convenient to you, such as your home or office.
- Why an Inspection is Needed
The inspection gives you a portion of the information you will need to properly close your account. It's important to set up your appointment and have the inspection completed in the last two scheduled months of your lease.
You are responsible for any excess wear and use, which may be charged to your account. It's a good idea to be aware of any charges before turning in your vehicle. That way, you'll understand and be prepared when you receive a bill for these conditions. Having the inspection done well in advance of returning your vehicle also gives you time to take care of any needed repairs yourself.
- Can I schedule my lease inspection online?
Yes, you can schedule your lease inspection online by visiting SGS. Please have your Acura Financial Services account number and VIN number available.
- What's Covered in the Inspection
The vehicle inspection covers three major areas of your vehicle: the body—including the tires, the interior and the engine. The inspector may take your vehicle for a short test drive and will examine approximately 182 components. These may include:
- Power components (windows, antenna, steering, locks, etc.)
- Wheels, tires, brakes, and suspension
- Paint, body and frame
- Seats, upholstery, and carpets
- Airbags and restraint systems (seat belts)
- Lights (turn signals, brakes, headlights)
- Climate control and defogger
We recommend that you be present for this inspection. If you are present, the inspector will give you a copy of the report following the inspection. Shortly thereafter, you will also receive a Preliminary End of Lease Liability Statement that outlines the estimated costs of any excess wear and use, excess mileage, etc. No charges will be made to your account until after the vehicle has been turned in.
- How to Schedule an Inspection
The Lease Maturity Center can direct you to the vehicle inspection provider in your area. You should arrange for an inspection about two months before the end of your lease. You can arrange for an inspector to travel to a location convenient to you, such as your home or office.
You can schedule your lease inspection online by visiting SGS. Please have your Acura Financial Services account number and VIN number available.
- Excessive Wear and Use Waiver
Acura Luxury Leases include a $750 Excessive Wear and Use Waiver. Loyal clients1 who purchase or lease their next Acura vehicle may qualify for an additional waiver2 and may be eligible to get their turn-in fee waived.*
* Waiver reflected is for vehicle leases dated October 2013 or after. For specific benefit information on your current AFS lease contract, please log in to your AFS account and select End of Term.1A loyal client is one who purchases or leases another new Acura or Honda automobile within 30 days prior to or after the turn-in date.
- 2Total amount waived not to exceed $1,500.
- Making Repairs
If the vehicle requires repairs, consult a Client Services Representative prior to completing. If repairs are needed. we encourage you to use an authorized Acura facility to ensure that the vehicle is properly repaired with Genuine Acura Parts (as required by your lease agreement). Please be sure to save all repair receipts, as they will be required at vehicle return.
If you prefer, you may instead return the vehicle without making repairs, in which case you will receive a bill for the cost of excess wear and use after your vehicle is turned in. Again, no charges will be made to your account until the vehicle is turned in.